Saturday, July 28, 2012

Some tasty (healthy) treats

I had this for breakfast the other day. It's one cup of oatmeal cooked in water, with some cinnamon, ~20 raisins, ~20 cranberries, and a teaspoon of Silan (or Date syrup). Delicious!

1 cup of oatmeal cooked in water / cinnamon / ~20 raisins /
~20 cranberries / 1 teaspoon of Silan (or Date syrup)
After breakfast, I realized I had a lot of oatmeal left over. So, I decided to make cupcakes! I put the oatmeal in silicone cupcake holders and placed them in the refrigerator. These days it's extremely hot in Israel...so when I feel like a cold, healthy treat, I just pull one oatmeal cupcake from the refrigerator, sprinkle some cinnamon, add a teaspoon of Silan* and that's all there is to it.

* You can play around with the amount of Silan on your cupcake to fit your dietary needs and sweet tooth

Before & After
Every cupcake is about 90gr. If we round it up to 100gr, then according to Fatsecret.com we end up with 63 calories, 1gr of fat, 10.8gr of carbs, and 2.6 gr of protein. A teaspoon is about 5gr, so for the Silan we have 16 calories, 0 gr of fat, 3.8 gr of carbs, and 0.1 gr of protein.


1 comment: