Tuesday, August 20, 2013

C4 to see more reps

During the last couple of weeks of Cellucor's Strong to the COR challenge, it was incredibly difficult to get into the gym every morning. With carbs running low, I felt I had no energy and that my workouts would suffer.

As far as supplements go, I tend to agree with Steve Cook's philosophy - supplements are there to give you that extra push you need...they will never replace good nutrition and a hard workout. In those difficult low-energy days of the challenge, Cellucor's C4 gave me the push I needed to get through my workouts without compromising weight and reps.


I've tried several pre-workout supplements, but none have come close to C4. The combination of creatine and beta-alanine does the job, plain and simple. Soon after you take it, you feel it working...the familiar tingling.

Like with any pre-workout, I'd recommend starting with a low dose and slowly ramping up. If you're not familiar with beta-alanine and the tingling effect, the first time will be weird. Read this article to learn more about it:
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/your-expert-guide-to-beta-alanine.html

...and because I'm a nerd (I'm doing a PhD at MIT so I can't help it)...here's a scientific paper about beta-alanine :-)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3257613/

Oh, almost forgot...here's a quick-n-dirty C4 recipe: Just whisk 1/3 cup of egg whites and add in 1/2 scoop of C4 (adjust scoops to fit your tastebuds and experiment with different C4 flavors). It's great when you're craving something sweet and/or feel out of energy :-)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment